Saturday, January 17, 2009

Social & Professional Networking

Today, I understand a little better about social networking. I had created a Facebook account a few weeks ago to try and connect with some people with whom I had lost touch. Some are former students. Others I found through their children. Interestingly enough, I was using Facebook to network. This morning, I also created a Google account which they appear to be developing as a way to network. I did it in part because I use Blogger, Picasa, Google Earth and Google sites. I also realize that have used my web albums on Picasa to network (Right?). I just created an edubloggerworld account so I can professionally network with other educators about technology.

I think the discomfort for me is that I have all of these accounts (and networks) in different places. I am very much a department store shopper, not much for boutique shopping (except Banana Republic). I like organization. In fact, I had decided to use many of the Google tools because I could easily locate them and access them - all from the same page. Right now I feel as though I am all over the place (as far as my networking and web based accounts). How do you keep up with it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment